Thursday, September 5, 2024

Blog post 1: BETTER COMMUNITY: BETTER WORLD PROJECT DEMONSTRATION

Title of the Better World Project 

The Write way to Philosophy & Empowering children Through Teaching 



This blog post aims to include the first two of the required information for better world project demonstrations: The goals of my Better Me: Better World Project and the major milestones I achieved. 

My Better Me: Better World Project aims to enhance my personal and professional development across five crucial leadership categories. By focusing on Physical Development, Intellectual Pursuits, Emotional Care, Service to Others, and Ethics, I’m nurturing a holistic growth approach. Walking on the treadmill, reading literary novels, meditating, assisting children with math, and completing an online philosophy course all contribute to my well-rounded leadership. My commitment to self-improvement aligns with my belief in making the world a better place. By elevating myself, I’ll be better equipped to positively impact others, creating a ripple effect of positive change. 

I am going to implement the better me: Better World Project starting from 5 February 2024 and successfully complete it in 18 weeks. My project is focused on all the 5 Leadership Development categories: Physical Development (Walk on treadmill for 5 days a week); Intellectual Pursuits (Read 4 best literary novels and writer 4 short stories; Emotional Care (meditate for 20 minutes, 3 days a week); Service to Others – Help children with math doubts 2 days a week outside of class time; and Ethics (complete an online philosophy course). I strongly believe that by making myself better in all the 5 leadership categories, I will be able to better serve to make this world a better place. During the course of this project, not only am I going to focus on bettering myself, I’ll also look into helping my stakeholders overcome their difficulties and problems. At the end of the project, I will be a better person and a better leader holistically. 

The goals of my Better Me: Better World Project were twofold: 

Personal Growth and Holistic Development: Strengthen physical fitness, engage in intellectual pursuits, nurture emotional well-being, practice ethical decision-making, and cultivate a growth mindset.Enhance self-awareness, empathy, and resilience. Achieve a balanced and purposeful life. 

Positive Impact on Others and the World: Assist children with math doubts, contribute to their learning, and foster connections. Align personal growth with a vision of making the world better. Inspire others through actions and service. 

In summary, the project aimed to elevate both myself and the community, creating a ripple effect of positive change. 

Holistic Development: By focusing on Physical Development, Intellectual Pursuits, Emotional Care, Service to Others, and Ethics, you’re ensuring a well-rounded approach to self-improvement. This balance is crucial for sustainable growth and effective leadership. 

Alignment with Values: Your project aligns perfectly with your values of diversity, inclusivity, and community involvement. By improving yourself in these areas, you’re better equipped to support and uplift others, especially in your role as a math teacher and advocate for STEM education. 

Positive Ripple Effect: As you enhance your own skills and well-being, you create a ripple effect that benefits those around you. Your commitment to helping children with math and supporting your stakeholders demonstrates how personal growth can lead to broader community impact. 

 Major milestones I achieved. 

During my Better Me: Better World Project, I achieved significant milestones across various dimensions. Here are the key highlights: 

Physical Fitness Consistency: 

Achievement: I committed to walking on the treadmill for five days a week consistently. 

Impact: Improved stamina, overall health, and discipline. 

Intellectual Exploration: 

Achievement: I read four best literary novels and wrote four short stories. 

Impact: Expanded my knowledge, creativity, and appreciation for diverse narratives. 

Emotional Well-Being: 

Achievement: I meditated for 20 minutes, three days a week. 

Impact: Cultivated mindfulness, reduced anxiety, and enhanced emotional resilience. 

Service to Others: 

Achievement: Assisting children with math doubts two days a week outside of class time. 

Impact: Empowered students, fostered their learning, and built meaningful connections. 

Ethical Understanding: 

Achievement: Completion of an online philosophy course. 

Impact: Deepened my ethical decision-making and alignment with personal values. 

These milestones reflect my commitment to holistic growth and positive impact. Each achievement contributes to a better version of myself and a better world. 

1. Physical Development 

Activity: Walking on the treadmill for 5 days a week. Milestones: 

Week 1-2: Establishing a routine and gradually increasing the duration and intensity of the walks. 

Week 3-6: Noticing improvements in stamina and energy levels. Tracking progress and setting new goals. 

Week 7-12: Incorporating interval training to challenge myself further. 

Week 13-18: Achieving a consistent routine and feeling more physically fit and energized. 

What Happened: This activity helped me build a strong foundation for physical health, which positively impacted my overall well-being and productivity. 

2. Intellectual Pursuits 

Activity: Reading 4 best literary novels and writing 4 short stories. Milestones: 

Week 1-4: Reading the first novel and brainstorming ideas for the first short story. 

Week 5-8: Completing the first novel and writing the first short story. Starting the second novel. 

Week 9-12: Finishing the second novel and writing the second short story. Beginning the third novel. 

Week 13-16: Completing the third novel and writing the third short story. Starting the fourth novel. 

Week 17-18: Finishing the fourth novel and writing the final short story. 

What Happened: This activity enhanced my intellectual growth and creativity, providing new perspectives and ideas that I could incorporate into my teaching and leadership. 

 

 

No comments: