Friday, October 1, 2021

Mountain's Dialogue - Translation - A short story by writer Jeyamohan

 Mountains' Dialogue
written by B. Jeyamohan
translated by Jegdeesh Kumar

            Peon Shanmugam passed by me when I stood waiting in front of the DGM’s office. “Another one again, sir? Why don’t you hit someone on the head instead of indulging in these petty things?” he said. He stopped to look around and continued, “Just hit the DGM on his head...There’s a paperweight on his table. Hit him with it.”

            “Go away!”

            “What’s the problem?”

            “None of your business.”

            “I knew you’d create some problems when you left last week. But you’re an intelligent guy, sir. Look at me! I’m given a memo just for drinking a quarter of liquor. You wander like a witless fellow, but your wife’s very particular about getting your salary.”

No comments: