Friday, October 1, 2021

Bubbles - Translation - A Short story by writer Jeyamohan


Lily spoke about it while changing into her light blue silk nightgown. He had not paid attention to what she said initially. He was looking through the last of the day’s emails on his laptop.

“I’ve decided to have the surgery in Singapore. That would be convenient for all,” she said.

The word surgery hit him only after a moment. “Surgery! What surgery?”

“Did you not hear what I said? You never pay attention! Just paying lip service. Sick”

Sick was a word she used often. Sam closed the laptop. “Tell me. Who’s having surgery?”

Continue reading


I've been translating a few of writer Jeyamohn's Tamil short stories into English of late. One of them got published in Indian Periodical. I hope to get a few more published soon. 



No comments: